It is no secret that testosterone levels in men decline with age. This decline in testosterone is commonly referred to as Andropause, or Male Menopause. Another term used for low testosterone levels is simply, Low T. More than likely, you have even seen a tv or radio commercial advertising the term Low T.
Research shows men have a significant and consistent drop off of testosterone levels beginning at age 30, which is represented in the graph listed below. The normal range of testosterone in men is between 300 ng/dl and 1000 ng/dl. It is estimated that roughly 15+ million men have low testosterone levels in the United States.
Low Testosterone Questionnaire:
This simple questionnaire below is to help you determine if you a low testosterone level. If you anwser YES to 3 or more questions, then you might have low testosterone, which is based on the ADAM questionairre (Androgen Deficency of Aging Men). We added a few extra quesitons of our own.
- Do you have a low libido? (thoughts about sex)
- Is your motivation low? Have you lost your edge, ambition?
- Have you experienced or noticed a loss or lack in muscle mass?
- Do you have a “spare tire”, abdominal fat increase?
- Has your athletic performance declined?
- Are you erections not strong or full?
- Are you more tired often or fatigued?
- Do you have high triglycerides on your cholesterol panel?
- Are you grumpy or irritable often?
- Do you have gout?
- Do you have reduced strength?
- Is your mood low, not feeling “happy”?
- Do you have reduced exercise recovery?
- Do you drink alcohol most evening to relax and fall asleep?
- Are you tired or sleepy after eating a meal?
If you answered YES to 3 or more questions, than you may have Low T. The next obvious step would be to get a blood test and establish a baseline level. The good news is that there is a good solution to this Low T problem.
Testosteorne Replacement Therapy for men is safe and can provide significant benefits. There are a couple commercial drugs available; however, these drugs are expensive and not very effective.
It is better to use compounding pharmacies because they are able to make testosterone prescriptions for men, that are usually much more affordable and tend to produce better results.